5 Things to Know, Feb. 1: School Committee
The Addison Gallery of American Art is holding a special event all day today surrounding the skill behind making prints with various materials.
1. School Committee: The School Committee meets at 10 a.m. at the town offices, third floor confernce room.
2. Flu Shots Still Available by Appointment:In light of the widespread flu outbreak, Andover Health officials have made it known that flu vaccines are available by appointment.
3. New Mapping System Available:
"The Town of Andover has developed a new web-based public access Geographic Information System (GIS) known as Municipal Information Mapping Access Program (MIMAP). Mapping functions include navigation and selection tools, map views by theme (zoning, parcel map, etc), property information, printing, e-mail, and exporting data. MIMAP is being regionally hosted by the Merrimack Valley Planning Commission. Visit the Town’s GIS resource page at www.andoverma.gov/gis for access to MIMAP and more information about GIS mapping."
4. Weather: Today will bring a 20 percent chance of snow with a high of 35 degrees and tonight will bring a 40 percent chance of rain and sleet with a low of 34 degrees.
5. Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices according to motortrend.com: theGulf, 65 Main Street – $3.43/gallon; Sunoco, 220 North Main St., $3.47/gallon; Mobil 14 N. Main St., $3.49/gallon.