5 Things to Know, Feb, 26: Alaskan Silver Salmon
Before you start your day here are five things to know.
1. Alaskan Silver Salmon Talk at Memorial Hall Library: Al & Skip Montello will chronicle two consecutive late summer adventures fishing for the incredible Alaskan Silver Salmon at the Tsiu River Lodge at Memorial Hall Library Tuesday night in the latest installment of the Fish On! program. They will detail their two trips using a variety of fly and spin fishing techniques catching these fantastically user friendly salmon set in the jaw dropping Alaskan wilderness. It begins at 7 p.m. with door prizes and fishing publications. Fishing videos are shown from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
2. Planning Board: The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. at the town offices, third floor conference room A. They'll be discussing the renovations and additions over on Federal Street as well as the construction for St. Augustine's School. Find the agenda online.
3. Youth Center Meeting: Town officials and committee members will present a concept plan forthe new youth center at the Public Safety Center Thursday evening.
4. Gas Prices: Gas is almost reaching $3.80/gallon in Andover. Here are the lowest prices in Andover, according to Motortrend.com: Gulf, 65 Main St., $3.73/gallon, Sunoco, 205 North Main St., $3.79/gallon; Mobil, 14 North Main St., $3.83/gallon.
5. Weather: Today will be sunny with a high temperature of 43 degrees. Tonight will be clear with a low of 33 degrees.