5 Things to Know, March 5: Women of Islam
Before you start your day here are five things to know.
1. ConsCom: The Conservation Commission meets tonight at 7:45 p.m. at the town offices, third floor conference room. Among other things, the commission will discuss construction at Doherty School, Federal Street and Lowell Street. Check out the agenda online.
2. National School Breakfast Week: The Town of Andover will be celebrating National School Breakfast Week from March 4 to 8, featuring new menu items and more.
3. Women of Islam: Memorial Hall Library 7 p.m.: "Islam is a diverse and growing global religion that touches the lives, cultures, societies, and histories of billions of people. Learn about the diversity of Muslim Communities in the world. Presented by Subheen Razzaqui, history teacher at Newton North High School and speaker on Islam and the Middle East for the Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Harvard University."
4. Gas Prices: Gas is almost reaching $3.80/gallon in Andover. Here are the lowest prices in Andover, according to Motortrend.com: Gulf, 65 Main St., $3.73/gallon, Sunoco, 205 North Main St., $3.79/gallon; Mobil, 14 North Main St., $3.83/gallon.
5. Weather: Today will bring a 40 percent chance of snow with a high temperature of 40 degrees. Tonight will be clear with a low of 29 degrees.