5 Things You Need to Know Today, Aug. 27
Before you start your day here are five things you need to know.
Today is Monday, Aug. 27 and here are five thing you need to know today.
1. 9/11 Ceremony: The Eleventh Anniversary of 9-11 will be marked with a solemn ceremony on Tuesday, September 11th at 8:30 a.m. in front of the Town Offices located at 36 Bartlet Street.
2. Library Kung Fu: Come for an introduction to Kung Fu where kids ages 8 and up will learn basic, unarmed kung fu techniques, exercises, and forms, and some sword moves using foam padded swords. All participants will receive a Young Dragon Certificate of Achievement. Space is limited. Please register online.
3. Town Government Needs You!: A new school year is starting and town government will also be ramping up. The town of Andover is looking for a number of motivated volunteers to serve on a variety of boards and committees in town. Check out a full list of vacancies on the town's website.
4. Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices according to motortrend.com: the Gulf, 65 Main Street – $3.73/gallon; Mobil, 14 N. Main St. – $3.79/gallon; Sunoco, 220 North Main St., $3.79/gallon.
5. Weather: Today will mostly sunny with a high of 86 degrees during the day. Tonight will bring a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms with a low of 69 degrees.