5 Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 12
Before you start your day here are five things you need to know.
1. Children Authors Critique Group: A group for adults who write or illustrate children’s books meets monthly at Memorial Hall Library. They're meeting tonight from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. The group meets to provide constructive advice and feedback on each other’s works in progress. Membership is open and meetings are free. Interested writers and illustrators are asked to please review group guidelines on the web site. RSVP to Marianne Knowles by calling 978-475-7442 or emailing email@example.com.
2. Holiday Ball: "The Crystal Ballroom "Holiday Ball" at the Town House will be held this Saturday, December 15th from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. The fee is $25 per couple, $15 for singles. Music will be provided by D.B.’s Orchestra, with dance instruction at 6 p.m. by Tom Webster of Dance New England. Black Tie optional! Tickets are available at the Andover Senior Center or Andover Book Store. Sponsored by The Andover Senior Community Friends. For information call: (978)623-8321," per the Town of Andover.
3. Tree Time at Historical Society: The Andover Historical Society has once again sponsored the tree exhibit. Individual and organizations throughout town have decorated a history-themed X-mas tree at the Historical Society. The trees will be on display all month!
4. Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices according to motortrend.com: the Gulf, 65 Main Street – $3.45/gallon; Sunoco, 220 North Main St., $3.49/gallon; Mobil 14 N. Main St., $3.53/gallon.
5. Weather: Today will be sunny with a high temperature of 40 degrees. Tonight will be clear with a low of 22 degrees.