5 Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 2
Before you start your day here are five things you need to know.
1. Power Outages: As of this morning at 6 a.m. there were only 33 customers in Andover with out power. That's down from 4,700 at one point earlier in the week.
2. BOS Subcommittee: The Board of Selectmen Town Accountant Sub-committee meets at 7:30 a.m. at the town offices, third floor conference room B.
3. BARKS: BARKS stands for Books and Reading for Kids and yes, participants will read aloud to a real dog. The dogs will be trained therapy dogs and will be accompanied by their owner. Each child will sign up for a 15 minute time slot so space is very limited. The benefits to reading to a dog are: pressure free, non-judgmental environment; kids gain confidence and improve their reading skills; kids learn to enjoy reading.This will be happening all day at the library from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Register ahead of time.
4. Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices according to motortrend.com: the Gulf, 65 Main Street – $3.79/gallon; Sunoco, 220 North Main St., $3.89/gallon; Mobil 14 N. Main St., $3.95/gallon.
5. Weather: Today will be mostly cloudy with a high temperature of 54 degrees. Tonight will be cloudy with a low of 36 degrees.