A Skunk with a Cup on its Head Eludes Police
The following information was supplied by the Andover Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from the Andover Police log. The log is open to the public.
Thursday, Aug. 11
- At 12:16 a.m., a Gould Road resident reported a bat in a bedroom and asked for an officer to remove it. An officer responded, but was unable to locate the bat.
- At 1:05 a.m., a babysitter on Wethersfield Drive said she heard screaming outside the residence. Police found it was a disagreement outside a nearby home.
- At 7:58 a.m., an Upland Road resient called police about a skunk with a cup on its head in an Upland Road driveway. An officer arrived and the skunk went under a porch.
- At 12:09 p.m., police received a call from Linwood Street about a suspicious vehicle. Police responded and found the person in the vehicle was from the town assessor’s office and was conducing town business.
- At 12:28 p.m., a Partridge Hill Road resident called police about a sick coyote. Police responded, but did not find it.
- At 12:40 P.M., a Chandler Road resident called police about a bobcat in a tree. The animal left before police arrived.
- At 5:51 p.m., an Osgood Street resident called police after a man banged on all her windows. She asked him what he wanted and he said he was looking for his dog. He then left the area.
- At 8:52 p.m., a fisherman called to report seeing four cars parked near Haggetts Pond. He was concerned that someone might be starting a fire. Police responded and found no fire.
- At 9:04 p.m., a Gould Road resident reported a bat in a home. Officers removed the bat.
Do you have questions about this blotter? Email email@example.com.