Andover Sees Many New Businesses Open in 2012
Take a look at some of the new businesses that opened in Andover over the past year.
Many new businesses sprung up in Andover in 2012, including gift shops, restaurants, banks and others. While new businesses open on a consistent basis in Andover, there are still many vacant commercial units throughout the town.
With 2013 about to begin, what types of businesses would you like to see open in Andover? Let us know in the comments section.
Take a look at some of the new businesses that opened in Andover in 2012:
- New Pizza Takeout and Delivery Opens in Andover - Pizza Connection, 38 Park Street, opened last month in the former location of Doninos Pizza. Coincidentally, owners Jeffrey Wise, Joseph O'Leary and Ryan O'Leary (no relation) all worked together at Dominos more than 20 years ago. Charles Silva, manager of the new establishment also managed the Andover Dominos, now at 63 Park Street.
- Fisichelli's Open for Business - Continuing a near century-long business in Andover, Fisichelli's opened their doors to Andover customers on Oct. 6 and owner Nina Fisichelli Gaffny said the community has found out.
- Burgers, Craft Beers Come To Andover - A true football fan, Spiro Pappadopoulos, of the family-owned Andolini’s, was inspired to open a burger and wings place in Andover after hosting a Super Bowl party last winter.
- Cupcake Café Opens in Andover - Pink Tree Sweets, 89 Main Street, Andover Village Square, bakery opened a few of weeks ago in the space next to Lantern Brunch, and across from Andover Bookstore.
- Century Bank Opens on Elm Street - Century Bank's new Andover branch opened up last July, located along Elm Street in between the Free Christian Church and the Andover Spa.
- Fee-Only Financial Planner Opens Andover Location - Andover resident and business owner John Spoto announced the opening of the newest location for Sentry Financial Planning, LLC, a fee-only financial advisory firm based in Massachusetts. The firm moved into new office space in the Musgrove Building on Main Street.
- Salvatore's Restaurant Opens in Downtown Andover - After much anticipation Salvatore's Restaurant finally opened in its newest location at 34 Park St. in Andover this past November.
- New Dance Studio Opens in Andover - Platinum Dance opened up at 7 Iceland Road in Andover offers training to all ages and skill levels.
- Running Specialty Shop Opens in Andover - The Greater Boston Running Company, 45 Main Street, is all about injury prevention, according to Manager Tom Poland. The new specialty store that carries shoes, apparel and gear is located at the former site of J.L. Coombs and Dahers.
- Raagini Indian Bistro to Open Monday - Raagini Indian Bistro, Shawsheen Plaza, opened this past November. The restaurant is located next to Rite Aid in the unit formerly occupied by Cardsmart.
- Raising the Barre in Andover - Working in a brand new studio at 10 Post Office Ave., owner Tanya Croteau founded barre n9ne Studio using her own unique Barre method using light weights, the ballet barre, and your own body weight.
- Sense of Wonder Opens Its Doors to Andover - Sense of Wonder opened quietly on Labor Day weekend this year. The shop, located in the former Rite Aid location, is an eclectic gift, art, jewelry and accessory store all rolled into one, according to Smith.