Andover Snowstorm Central
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is blocked? Just saw a store clerk upload a pallet of fresh batteries? Use this story on Andover Patch to help out your neighbors as we brave the snowstorm together.
Andover seems to have gotten a bit more snow than expected, with several inches already on the ground.
As you send us messages through social media and email (email@example.com), we’ll make sure the information is added here to this story in the comments and on the map found above. If you notice road hazards, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can comment right on this story to make sure readers know what’s going on in your neighborhood.
Important Phone Numbers to Know:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: (978) 475-0411
- Fire Department: (978) 475-1281
- Public Works: (978) 623-8350
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
You can also upload photos from the storm. But please be safe.
Update 12:45 p.m. The snow parking ban has not yet been put into effect, according to police.
11 a.m. Minor motor vehicle accidents are being reported around Andover but police have not heard of anything serious.
9:25 a.m.: Several roads are a mess in town. The roads are reportedly very icy. The DPW is out plowing roads now.