There are certainly countless creative gifts and surprises you can give to your loved one on Valentine's Day. Spending the time and the thought on a gift is a great idea and will typically woo your significant other. However, grabbing a wide variety of the basic Valentine's Day gifts will also probably do well! Here are five basic gifts you can find locally.
1. Cards: Finding the perfect card is always difficult and figuring out what to write inside can be even more so. However, just like everything else, greeting cards are being turned into tiny little computers and are now impressive all by themselves. Cards can be found at at Rite Aid, CVS, the Andover Gift Shop.
2. Valentine's Day Wines: A romantically and carefully chosen wine for your special night may go just as far as any gift. Wine shops around town can help you out with the perfect selection for your Valentine's Day, including Andover Liquors, Shawsheen Village Liquors, LeBlanc's Fine Wines and Spirits and Wine-Sense.
3. Flowers: Red Roses have been a symbol of the heart for centuries. And nowadays feel free to reinforce that symbol with balloons, teddy bears and other fun items! There are four flower shops in Andover, Kokee on Main Street, Les Fleurs and Paradise Flowers on North Main Street.
4. Jewelry: Enough said. There are several choices through a wide variety of price ranges available in town. Royal Jewelers and Nazarians carry fine jewelry while Andover Gift Shop, on Barnard Street, and Quiet Pleasures, on Main Street, specialize in beads and silver. Also, most of Andover's clothing shops carry a small selection of jewelry.
5. Candy: Chocolate must happen in some form on Valentine's Day. And when it comes to specialty sweets, Sweet Mimis on Main Street will customize your gift selection, while traditional chocolates can be found at CVS and Rite Aid.