Five Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 11
There are three Veterans Day ceremonies today in Andover.
Here are five things you need to know today:
- Veterans Day Ceremonies: Andover Department of Veterans Services is assisting in three Veterans Day Ceremonies in town today. The first ceremony begins at 10 a.m. at the West Parish Cemetery, the second at 11 a.m. at the Spring Grove Cemetery and third at noon at the Ballardvale Green.
- Football Vs. Lowell: Stop by the high school to show your support for the Golden CJ Scarpa, Andy Coke and the rest of the star athletes on the Golden Warriors varsity football team. The Andover squad will be taking on Lowell at home tonight at 7 p.m. at Lovely Field.s
- Branch Drop Off Ends Sunday: Many yards are still littered limbs and branches but the town is offering two locations to drop off all the mess from last weekend’s storm. However, these two locations will only be open until this Sunday, Nov. 13. Residents are invited to drop off tree limbs and branches at Pomps Pond lot, off of Abbot Street, and Bald Hill Compost Site, on High Plain Road.
- Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices according to motortrend.com: Lukoil, Salem Street and Route 125 – $3.41/gallon; the Gulf, 65 Main Street – $3.41/gallon; Sunoco, 220 North Main St., $3.44/gallon.
- Weather: Today will bring a 30 percent chance of rain with a high temperature of 51 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will bring decreasing clouds with a low temperature of 31 degrees.
Check out all of the events happening in Andover today at our events calendar.