How Does Andover Decide What Roads to Plow First During a Storm?
This "You Ask, Patch Answers" addresses how the town prioritizes what to plow first in a snow storm.
What are the town's priorities when snow plowing?
The Town's priorities are as follows:
- Public Safety facilities.
- Major arterial roads (Route 133, Route 28, etc.)
- School parking lots.
- Other arterial routes (Woburn Street, Andover Street, School Street, etc.)
- Subdivision collector streets - generally the streets that cul-de-sac streets feed into.
- Cul-de-sacs (dead end streets).
- Municipal parking lots.
This answer was provided by the town of Andover.