Last-Minute Gift Ideas
Here are several local last-minute gift ideas.
Here are some last minute gift ideas for your family and even your pets. Here are many gift ideas that can all be found locally.
- Memories: What better gift to give during the holidays than memories of happy times? Find a favorite picture and get it printed before taking it to Art & Frame Source on Osgood Street. They have many custom framing options that will give a personalized touch to your holiday gift this year.
- Winter Bouquet: A holiday evening spent at a friend’s house requires the perfect gift. That gift can bring good vibes and a nice scent into the receiver’s home. A special winter bouquet from Forgetta’s Flowers and Gifts on Osgood Street makes a the perfect gift to hold under your arm as you enter your favorite friend or relative’s house. Winter bouquets start at $34.95.
- Boots: Winters in New England mean that you must have a good pair of boots. Payless Shoe Source on 114 will sell you the perfect pair of boots that will make you look stylish and keep your feet warm. Payless’ women’s boots come in all sorts of trendy styles and start at $39.99.
- Museum Tickets: North Andover’s Museum of Printing is dedicated to preserving the history of the graphic arts, printing equipment and printing craftsmanship. Check out their calendar for special events and tickets cost only $5. Seniors and students will be charged only $3.
- Ballroom Dancing: You can’t go wrong with this gift that includes learning a new skill and quality time together. The Center for the Performing Arts on 114 will have a six week session begin on January 23. Give them a call to purchase a gift certificate and you will be dancing your way through 2012!
- War Room: Andover Bookstore is the second-oldest book store in America. It is on Main Street and features two floors worth of books. War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team is a book written by Michael Holley, former Boston Globe sportswriter and co-host of WEEI’s Big Show. The book features inside information on the New England Patriots and other franchises vying for championships in the competitive NFL.
- Droid Razr: Give the gift of one of the hottest smartphones on the market with a quick trip to Radio Shack on 28 in Andover. The Razr, by Motorola, is reinforced with Gorilla Glass on the face and Kevlar on the back. It is also the world’s thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. The Razr features a 1.2 GHz duel core processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- 100 Years of Fenway Park: At CVS on 28, you will find a perfect gift for anyone who is already getting fired up for baseball season. Next season will mark the 100th season of the historic Fenway Park. Sports Illustrated is commemorating the anniversary with a special issue completely dedicated to America’s most beloved ballpark. Full of great memories and memorable photos, this issue will not disappoint even the biggest baseball fans.
- Christmas Blend: Starbucks on 28 has 12 special holiday gift ideas and one of them is its special Christmas Blend of coffee. This holiday favorite is the perfect gift to bring home for Dad or any other caffeine junkie on your shopping list. Waking up with this warm brew will be a great way to spend your holiday mornings.
- Latitude: Gift the gift of fitness! Latitude Sports Club in downtown Andover recently underwent a $100,000 makeover. A monthly membership costs only $39.99 and if Dad is interested in being more active in the upcoming year, this would make a perfect gift.
And for your Pets:
- Pet Grooming Services: Your dog may not feel like this is a gift at the time but, in the end, he or she will be cleaner, smell better, and, most importantly, feel better. So, go make your dog more beautiful at Happy Tails Dog Grooming, located on Lupine Road.
- Clothing: Does it sometimes seem like your cat or dog feels left out on game day? Well, head over to Little LuLu and Dot in downtown Andover to grab your pets’ sports jerseys, including Patriots and Red Sox, as well as other dog clothes and items.
- Training: When your pet is trained, it makes the both of you happier. Head over to the River Road Veterinarian Hospital and ask about their regular training classes held at the facility. The River Road Veterinarian Hospital offers services for cats, dogs and other exotic pets such as reptiles.
- Nutritional Food: If you want to show your cat or dog how much you care, why not buy some nutritional food and give them the gift of health. Dawg City, located across from the MBTA station in downtown, offers a sizable selection of food for pets, including the brands Wellness, Core, Blue Buffalo and Evo.
- Walking Services: You may not have the time to walk your dog in the middle of the day but, thankfully, there are many others that do! The Whisker Squad will come to your house and give your dog some exercise. They also provide cleaning services for pets.