Ten Great Gifts for Anyone from the New Museum Shop at the Addison
It is not too late to find beautiful, last minute holiday gifts.
When the new Addison Gallery of American Art at Phillips Academy opened its doors in September 2010, so did the gallery's Museum Shop, full of one-of-a-kind items.
In keeping with the theme of American art, the gift shop's inventory consists of pieces made from American craftsman. Many items are tied to the exhibit on display while others are brought in based on their unique and desirable qualities. The museum shop is open Tues. to Sat., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m. (Closed this Friday and Saturday)
Here are ten noteworthy options from the Museum Shop at the Addison:
1. Mug Collection, set of four - each mug features an image from the museum's collection. Mugs are sold individually as well as in sets. Single, $10 Set of 4, $35
2. Addison Logo Mugs, 16 ounce - A great keepsake from your visit to the gallery. $20
3. Nathan Macomber Blown Glass Collection – Options include bowls, tumblers, vases, sun catchers and paperweights. Prices range from $36 for a tumbler up to $275 for the large bowl.
4. Holly Berry Tea Light Holders, set of two – An ideal holiday gift. $60
5. Sheila Hicks Coffee Table Book- Sheila Hicks' work is currently on display at the museum through February 27. $65
6. Addison Logo Tote Bags – Perfect for carrying books, umbrellas, snacks and more. $35
7. Addison Logo T-Shirts- Small to extra large sizes – support the arts with pride. $20
8. Note Cubes featuring Addison Art images – In small and large options, the perfect gift for anyone who needs to jot a quick note. Note cube art shows both Addison's signature image, "Eight Bells" by Winslow Homer and "Freight Cars" by Edward Hopper. Small, $7 Large, $10
9. Music CD by Tristan Perich – Perich was a Phillips Academy graduate and is the first artist in residence since the gallery's opening. His CD, and other artwork, is currently on display. $30
10. Notecards featuring Addison Art images –Nine different options are available and are sure to brighten any recipient's day. $2 each
Enjoy these fabulous finds and many more.
Museum Shop Store Manager Anna Gesing is happy to offer customers a great selection of gifts that will remind them of their time at the gallery and offer them something special to hold on to for years to come.
"People should know," Gesing said, "That the museum is free of charge and open to the public, so feel free to stop in to check out the museum as well as the shop."
Addison Gallery of American Art is located at the corner of Route 28 (Main Street) and Chapel Avenue. Visit www.andover.edu/Museums/Addison for more information.