Two Andover Residents Charged with Trafficking Drugs
The following information was supplied by the Andover Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from the Andover Police log. The log is open to the public.
Friday, Sept. 23
- At 8:41 a.m., police received a call from Ballardvale Road about a landscaping company’s vehicle blocking the sidewalk, which was forcing children to walk in the street. An officer responded and the vehicle was removed.
- At 11:04 a.m., police received a call from Bartlet Street about a dog in a vehicle for two hours. An officer found the windows were down and the dog was OK.
- At 12:52 p.m., a Durham Drive resident reported a possibly injured coyote in her front yard. The animal left before an officer arrived.
- At 3:02 p.m., police received a call from Bartlet Street about a juvenile reportedly chewing tobacco. An officer responded and didn’t find any illegal activity.
- At 3:13 p.m., a Forrest Drive resident called about two solicitors. An officer spoke to the men, who had registered with North Reading Police and didn’t realize they had crossed into Andover.
- At 4:13 p.m., a South Main Street man called police after a door-to-door salesman tried to sell him steaks. The solicitor left before police arrived.
- At 6:31 p.m., a Lowell Street resident called about possible gunshots. An officer found it was a resident who was training his dog by using a starter’s pistol.
Saturday, Sept. 24
- At 11:23 a.m., a Crescent Drive resident reported two raccoons stuck in a trash barrel. An officer responded and helped extricate the raccoon still stuck in the barrel.
- At 1:42 p.m., police arrested Felix Rafael Batista-Ayabar, 19, 700 Bulfinch Dr., Apt. 2105, Andover, and charged him with trafficking cocaine and heroin, Leury Flores, 22, 700 Bulfinch Dr., Apt. 205, Andover, and charged him with trafficking cocaine and heroin, and Aury Almanzar, 26, 800 Bulfinch Dr., Apt. 22, Andover, and charged her with conspiracy to violate controlled substance laws. Police made the arrests at on Bulfinch Drive.
- At 9:21 p.m., police responded to South Main Street about someone throwing eggs. Police were unable to locate anyone throwing eggs.
- At 9:56 p.m., police received a call a about a man in his 40s walking naked on Old River Road. Police were unable to locate the man.
- At 10:25 p.m., a Chandler Road resident reported loud music in the area. An officer found the music was coming from Methuen. Andover Police called Methuen Police.
Sunday, Sept. 25
- At 5:19 a.m., police arrested Gordon A. Lister III, 38, 8 Noyes St., Methuen, and charged him with assault and battery on a household member.
- At 5:04 a.m., an Exeter Way resident reported low flying airplanes and helicopters in the area that were keeping her up. An officer found everything was OK.
- At 9:49 a.m., police arrested Obrien Viola, 24, 46 Andover St., Apt. 3, Lawrence, and charged him with breaking and entering in the nighttime. Police made the arrest on Enmore Street after a reported car break-in.
- At 1:39 p.m., police received a call from Jenkins Road about a man carrying a rifle and wearing a black sweatshirt and black cargo pants. Andover and North Reading police checked the area, but did not find the person.
- At 5:21 p.m., police received a call from Park Street about a motorist who was speeding, slamming on his brakes and yelling obscenities at adults and children. Police pulled over a motorist on Pearson Street and spoke to him.
- At 5:47 p.m., police arrested Jane L. Dixon, 49, 30 Boutwell Road, Andover, and charged her with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of liquor (second offense). Police made the arrest on Boutwell Road.
Monday, Sept. 26
- At 7:42 a.m., a Coventry Lane resident called police after a 14-year-old refused to go to school. An officer spoke to the teen and she went to school.
- At 2:09 p.m., police received a call from River Road after a motorist struck a deer. The DPW picked up the deer and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- At 5:56 p.m., police arrested Tanya L. Ayala, 36, 83 Thornton St., Lawrence, and charged her on a warrant. Police made the arrest on River Road.
- At 7:52 p.m., a North Main Street resident called police after her 13-year-old daughter accidentally brushed her teeth with cortisone instead of toothpaste. Poison control told her that it’s not a problem, has no side effects and is “very common.”
- At 10:40 p.m., police received a call from River Road about teens smoking marijuana in a vehicle. The teens left before police arrived.
Do you have questions about this blotter? Email email@example.com.