Where Are Some Local Summer Camps?
This week's You Ask...Patch Answers addresses summer camps for kids.
The kids will be out of school soon and they'll be needing activities. Sure, Xbox, Netflix and Facebook can use up a grand majority of the time but kids need real activity during the summer and a summer camp is one of the best ways to foster that.
With all of the preserved wilderness in Andover as well as multiple bodies of water, summer camps are a plenty in Andover. They vary from the traditional summer camp with swimming, crafts and sports to camps specializing in activities such as horseback riding.
Here are five local summer camps:
- Kaleidoscope Camp, Pike School, Andover
- Ironstone Farm Summer Camp, 450 Lowell Street
- Camp Evergreen, 166 Jenkins Road, Andover
- Andover/North Andover YMCA, 156 Haverhill Street, Andover
- Merrimack College Youth Computer Camp, Merrimack College, North Andover
Here are three other local organizatoins that offer summer programs for children and teens:
- Andover Department of Community Services Summer Programs, Bartlet Street, Andover
- Andover SHED & Kids Club Summer Programs, 65 Phillips St., Andover
- Andover Youth Services Summer Programs, 37 Pearson St., Andover