Patriots' Day (otherwise known at Marathon Monday) commemorates the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the start of the Revolutionary War.
The holiday is observed Monday, April 16. It's a state holiday, but not a federal holiday.
Here's a handy list of what's open and closed during the holiday. Andover businesses: leave your store hours in the comments section below.
- Andover Post Office
- Stock market
- Federal offices
- Retail stores (at owner's discretion)
- Banks (at their discretion)
- Supermarkets and liquor stores
- Convenience stores
- Bars and restaurants
- MBTA: The Red, Blue, Orange, Green, and Mattapan Lines will operate on their regular weekday schedules with extra service before and after the marathon. Copley Station will be closed all day. More info here in our Marathon Survival Guide.
- Parking Meters in Boston: Not in effect.