Invite a friend
Fish On! Andover 2013
Fish On! Andover 2013
A free month-long fishing series in its 14th year. Fishing videos 6-7 pm. Weekly door prizes!
Tuna Helper: Recipe for Success
—Tuesday, February 5 at 7 pm
Nothing compares to the experience of man vs. tuna on light tackle. Capt. Ray Stachelek will show why fishermen call this “the ultimate adrenaline rush.”
Kayak Fishing Cape Ann and Beyond
—Tuesday, February 12 at 7 pm
From ice out pickerel on shallow freshwater ponds to targeting large mid-summer nighttime stripers along the North Shore, Matt St. Pierre will share top-notch fishing opportunities by kayak.
Cape Ann Surf Fishing
—Tuesday, February 19 at 7 pm
Steve Papows will chronicle the "Fall Run" at Cape Ann, emphasizing how to target trophy sized stripers from shore using various top water plugs.
Alaskan Silver Salmon
—Tuesday, February 26 at 7 pm
Al & Skip Montello will chronicle two adventures fishing for the incredible Alaskan Silver Salmon at the Tsiu River Lodge using a variety of fly and spin fishing techniques.
Fish On! Andover 2013 is sponsored by the Friends of Memorial Hall Library.
More About Memorial Hall Library
The Memorial Hall Library is Andover's public library and consists of three floors with children's, fiction, non-fiction, reference, computer and meeting areas. The library underwent a $5.2 million expansion in 1985, nearly doubling in size, and installed its first "reference" computers in 1989. The library provides programs for all ages and is beginning to offer more video, audio and e-book files available for download, in addition to roughly 130,000 audio and video materials and roughly 200,000 print materials. The library director is Beth Mazin, who library trustees appointed in 2009. The building remains one of the larger libraries in the area.
Other events here
- Teen Night at the Movies Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Genealogy Apps for Mobile Phones Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm
- State Representative Jim Lyons Andover Office Hours Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Creative Cafe: monthly craft night Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm
- Nonfiction Book Group Wed, Jun 5, 7:30 pm
- The Beehive: Authors Among Us Thu, Jun 6, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- The Beehive: eBook How-To Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Great Books Tue, Jun 11, 7:30 pm
- The Beehive: Rug Hooking Demonstration Wed, Jun 12, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Critique Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm