Invite a friend
Ruth Harcovitz: A Celebration of Rodgers and Hammerstein
Celebration of Rodgers and Hammerstein, featuring lessons learned from musicals. Boston's "Julie Andrews" sings selections from Sound of Music, Oklahoma, South Pacific, and The King and I. This concert is particularly suited to audiences of all ages. Bring the whole family!
Ms. Harcovitz is a favorite of audiences and is in constant demand throughout the country for her beautiful voice and warm personality. She has appeared with opera companies, as soloist with orchestras, and in resorts. Recently returned from a successful singing tour in Florida, here in Massachusetts she is known for her wide variety of thrilling programs, which always draw large crowds.
Ms. Harcovitz recently competed in the Ms. Massachusetts Pageant where she was first runner-up. In April she will be crowned Ms. Connecticut and compete in the National Finals in Atlantic City in October.
Sponsored by the Friends of Memorial Hall Library. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Andover Cultural Council, a local agency of the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
More About Memorial Hall Library
The Memorial Hall Library is Andover's public library and consists of three floors with children's, fiction, non-fiction, reference, computer and meeting areas. The library underwent a $5.2 million expansion in 1985, nearly doubling in size, and installed its first "reference" computers in 1989. The library provides programs for all ages and is beginning to offer more video, audio and e-book files available for download, in addition to roughly 130,000 audio and video materials and roughly 200,000 print materials. The library director is Beth Mazin, who library trustees appointed in 2009. The building remains one of the larger libraries in the area.
Other events here
- State Representative Jim Lyons Andover Office Hours Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Teen Night at the Movies Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Creative Cafe: monthly craft night Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm
- Nonfiction Book Group Wed, Jun 5, 7:30 pm
- The Beehive: Authors Among Us Thu, Jun 6, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- The Beehive: eBook How-To Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Great Books Tue, Jun 11, 7:30 pm
- The Beehive: Rug Hooking Demonstration Wed, Jun 12, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Critique Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm
- The Beehive: Boomer Bee Book Group Thu, Jun 13, 7:00 pm