Invite a friend
Winter Birds of New England
John Rockwood will share a spectacular mix of photos and video clips of typical New England Winter birds such as Cedar & Bohemian Waxwings, Northern Cardinals, Bald Eagles, Screech Owls, and Common Loons. In addition, see photos of rare New England Winter visitors including the Ivory Gull, Northern Hawk Owl, Great Grey Owl, and Snowy Owls.
John will share his amusing anecdotes about taking the photos as well as fascinating facts about these avian species.
Sponsored by the Friends of MHL.
Please register for this program online or 978-623-8401, x31. Snow date January 29.
More About Memorial Hall Library
The Memorial Hall Library is Andover's public library and consists of three floors with children's, fiction, non-fiction, reference, computer and meeting areas. The library underwent a $5.2 million expansion in 1985, nearly doubling in size, and installed its first "reference" computers in 1989. The library provides programs for all ages and is beginning to offer more video, audio and e-book files available for download, in addition to roughly 130,000 audio and video materials and roughly 200,000 print materials. The library director is Beth Mazin, who library trustees appointed in 2009. The building remains one of the larger libraries in the area.
Other events here
- State Representative Jim Lyons Andover Office Hours Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Teen Night at the Movies Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Creative Cafe: monthly craft night Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm
- Nonfiction Book Group Wed, Jun 5, 7:30 pm
- The Beehive: Authors Among Us Thu, Jun 6, 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- The Beehive: eBook How-To Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Great Books Tue, Jun 11, 7:30 pm
- The Beehive: Rug Hooking Demonstration Wed, Jun 12, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Critique Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm
- The Beehive: Boomer Bee Book Group Thu, Jun 13, 7:00 pm