As of 9 p.m., schools are still set to be open Wednesday.
Update 5:45 p.m.: As the snow moves into the Merrimack Valley, it looks as if forecasts are mixed for Andover. WBZ has moved us into the 3-6 inches area, WHDH has us at 5-8 inches. WCVB still has us at 6 to 10 inches.
Supermarkets are chaotic now as residents rush to stock up for the storm.
Update 4 p.m.: From Mary F. Rafferty of the Executive Office of the Trial Court, "The Massachusetts Trial Court has canceled first-day Jurors for
Wednesday, January 22nd, in most counties statewide. Jurors are
still requested to appear in Berkshire County and Hampshire County."
Update 10:45 a.m.: Airlines are already canceling most flightsscheduled for Tuesday night.
A snowstorm is making its way through the east coast, and it may bring up to 10 inches of snow to Andover.
The storm is set to begin Tuesday afternoon and become intense Tuesday night before tapering off Wednesday morning.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for much of Massachusetts including Andover, predicting 8 to 10 inches in our region.
And it will be cold and windy. Wind gusts are expected to reach up to 40 miles per hour, while temperatures stay well below freezing. Winter parking ban is in effect.
Stay with Patch for storm updates.
Important Phone Numbers to Know:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: 978-475-0411
- Fire Department: 978-475-1281
- Public Works: 978-683-8350
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
You can also upload photos from the storm. But please be safe.
- Get email updates about the storm and more: http://andover.patch.com/email.