Today is Monday, Aug. 27 and here are five thing you need to know today.
1. 9/11 Ceremony: The Eleventh Anniversary of 9-11 will be marked with a solemn ceremony on Tuesday, September 11th at 8:30 a.m. in front of the located at 36 Bartlet Street.
2. Library Kung Fu: Come for an introduction to Kung Fu where kids ages 8 and up will learn basic, unarmed kung fu techniques, exercises, and forms, and some sword moves using foam padded swords. All participants will receive a Young Dragon Certificate of Achievement. Space is limited. Please register online.
3. Town Government Needs You!: A new school year is starting and town government will also be ramping up. The town of Andover is looking for a number of motivated volunteers to serve on a variety of boards and committees in town. Check out a full list of vacancies on the town's website.
4. Gas Prices: Here are some of the lowest unleaded gas prices according to motortrend.com: 65 Main Street – $3.73/gallon; , 14 N. Main St. – $3.79/gallon; , 220 North Main St., $3.79/gallon.
5. Weather: Today will mostly sunny with a high of 86 degrees during the day. Tonight will bring a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms with a low of 69 degrees.