In the normal ebb and flow of local business turnover, Andover will see multiple businesses either moving or closing down each year. Currently, there are at least eight vacant retail units in Andover center and Shawsheen Village. Below are the locations and the names of the former establishments.
- Railroad Street, Moor and Mountain
- North Main Street, Tuesday Morning
- North Main Street, Marshalls (who moved to Winthrop Plaza in Lawrence)
- Main Street, Stride Rite
- Main Street, (who moved next door)
- Main Street, J.L. Coombs
- Park Street, Yama Japanese Restaurant
- Park Street, (who moved to another unit on Park Street)
There are also two vacant units that will soon be occupied by two new businesses. They are the Indian Bistro, which is moving into a unit in Shawsheen Plaza (formerly Cardsmart), and Sal's Pizza, which is moving into a unit on Park Street (formerly Rugged Bear).