Patriots' Day (otherwise known at Marathon Monday) commemorates the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the start of the Revolutionary War.
The holiday is observed Monday, April 16. It's a state holiday, but not a federal holiday.
Here's a handy list of what's open and closed during the holiday. Andover businesses: leave your store hours in the comments section below.
- State Offices
- Municipal Offices
- Stock market
- Federal offices
- Retail stores (at owner's discretion)
- Banks (at their discretion)
- Supermarkets and liquor stores
- Convenience stores
- Bars and restaurants
- MBTA: The Red, Blue, Orange, Green, and Mattapan Lines will operate on their regular weekday schedules with extra service before and after the marathon. Copley Station will be closed all day. .
- Parking Meters in Boston: Not in effect.