The kids will be out of school soon and they'll be needing activities. Sure, Xbox, Netflix and Facebook can use up a grand majority of the time but kids need real activity during the summer and a summer camp is one of the best ways to foster that.
With all of the preserved wilderness in Andover as well as multiple bodies of water, summer camps are a plenty in Andover. They vary from the traditional summer camp with swimming, crafts and sports to camps specializing in activities such as horseback riding.
Here are five local summer camps:
- Kaleidoscope Camp, Pike School, Andover
- Ironstone Farm Summer Camp, 450 Lowell Street
- Camp Evergreen, 166 Jenkins Road, Andover
- Andover/North Andover YMCA, 156 Haverhill Street, Andover
- Merrimack College Youth Computer Camp, Merrimack College, North Andover
Here are three other local organizatoins that offer summer programs for children and teens:
- Andover Department of Community Services Summer Programs, Bartlet Street, Andover
- Andover SHED & Kids Club Summer Programs, 65 Phillips St., Andover
- Andover Youth Services Summer Programs, 37 Pearson St., Andover