Here's what you should know:
- The event will start at 5 p.m. with a visit from Mrs. Claus, some elves and the Treble Chorus of New England.
- At 6:15 p.m., there will be a tree lighting ceremony in the TD Bank Courtyard.
- From 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., the Andover Historical Society will offer free horse-drawn carriage rides in the Village Square lot.
- There will be a live band playing on stage in front of Royal Jewelers as well as other musical performances and crafts in front of TD Bank.
- Main Street downtown will be closed to vehicles for the event, so plan your travel through town accordingly. Businesses on Main Street will all be open.
- Weather may be an issue, with rain predicted for Friday evening. But the event will go on regardless of the weather. I checked the weather forecast, and it looks like temperatures will drop into the 30s by that time, which could turn the rain into snow. Basically, bring an umbrella and hope for snow.
And if you haven't had your holiday fill by 9 p.m., don't worry. On Saturday morning there will be a Santa Breakfast from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Free Christian Church, 31 Elm St.
Santa will be there (along with tasty food and raffles) and will be available for photos for $7. Proceeds will go to the Andover Warriors Girls Hockey Team.