Autumn is once again in the air and Andover Patch is featuring a number of apple picking locations in the area. Check them out:
- Ingaldsby Farm, Boxford: Ingaldsby Farm said that pick your own apple season has just begun! And Facebook customers are liking it.
- Smolak Farms, North Andover: The guys over at Erik's Barber Shoprecommended this 300-acre farm.
- Boston Hill Farms, North Andover: On Yelp, Andover customer Bing W. said this is always a great place to spend a few hours during the autumn months.
- Barker's Farm, North Andover: Here's a farm where customers on Yelp say their trees are always plush with apples.
And, if you're in for a longer trip, check these out:
- Russell Orchards, Ipswich: Jorge Pazos, a Melrose customer, said it has "a bakery, cider donuts and a winery." Marlene also nominated Russell Orchards, writing: "Beautiful spot, great donuts."
- Cider Hill Farm, Amesbury: Betsey said of Cider Hill: "Great selection of u-pick, extensive selection at the farm stand, yummy cider donuts, and THE best cider around. Goats and chickens for the kids to feed, corn maze, hayrides....what more do you need?"
- Westward Orchards, Harvard: One customer said her family heads out to this spot every year. "The tractor ride to the pumpkin patch is particularly fun, as are the apple dumplings."