.

Electrical Malfunction to Blame for Fire on Fosters Pond Road

The Andover Fire Chief said that an electrical malfunction in the basement of a Fosters Pond Road caused a fire Friday morning.

Andover Firefighters made short work of a fire on Fosters Pond Road on Friday morning and had the blaze extinquished within a half hour. Fire Chief Michael Mansfield said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the basement.

Mansfield said the winter months pay a particular toll on a home's utilities and the extreme cold weather can push an electrical system to a point where a section of the system breaks down and causes a fire.

However, he said the family, a husband, wife, two children (11,6) and a guinea pig, acted quickly and got out of the house at the first sense of fire.

"Because of their actions and alertness, they saved a lot," said Mansfield.

Mansfield said the home would be uninhabitable for an extended period of time.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the family with shelter. Mansfield said they were also planning on contacting family. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something