Andover firefighters used several hose lines to fight a basement fire at a single family home at 84 Haverhill Street Friday afternoon.
Fire officials said the fire began in the basement and spread to parts of the second floor and a small part of the third floor. Haverhill Street was closed down for over an hour in order to safely fight the blaze.
No one was reported injured in the blaze. At approximately 1:30 p.m. firefighters were still on the scene making sure the fire was not still smoldering inside the walls of the older home.
Check back with Andover Patch later on today for updates.