Local authorities are in the middle of an investigation into the in Andover Wednesday morning. Police still have no suspects and are releasing very little information on the chilling incident that left local developer John Magee and his wife Geraldine dead in south. Here is a time line of events in the first murder in Andover in 9 years.
- 10 p.m. Tuesday - Boston Police find the burnt remains of the Magee's black Lexus on Prince Street in the North End.
- 9:18 a.m. Wednesday - A family member finds John and Geraldine Magee shot dead in a room on the first floor of their Orchard Crossing mansion. Police responded immediately and closed down the street.
- 12 p.m. Wednesday - Police release a statement to the media, saying that two people were found shot in the home. Authorities could not say whether the incident was a homicide or murder-suicide.
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m Wednesday - Essex County District Attorney staff and state medical examiners show up at the scene to investigate.
- 3:15 p.m. Wednesday - Police Chief Brian Pattullo releases another statement and said that the incident was confirmed as a double homicide. He said that police did not have any suspects.
- 8 a.m. Thursday - Authorities have no new developments on the case and do not anticipate releasing another statement until an arrest is made.