Shawsheen River Watershed Association sponsors a Summer Solstice Celebration
We are continuing our series of events to celebrate
the equinoxes and solstices.
NOTE: The swimming beach will close at 7 PM. There will be NO SWIMMING at this event.
Summer Solstice Activities will include:
- A campfire so bring your own supplies to toast mashmallows and S'Mores.
- Live music and songs appropriate to the season.
- There will be canoes and kayaks available to paddle on the pond and marsh. They will be available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Folks can bring their own boating equipment as well.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own light
refreshments. Bring water, juice, or soft drinks, but
NO ALCOHOL is allowed at Pomps Pond.
- The Changing of the Banners. We have been displaying the Banner of the Oak King, a character from Celtic mythology, who rules the world from the Winter Solstice in December until the Summer Solstice in June. Now he will be replaced by the Banner of the Holly King, who will rule for the second half of the year.
Admission is free and open to the general public.