From my Kitchen -
Just in time for Father's Day!
Italian inspired 3 ingredient recipes
**Please note: because most of us have staple foods in our pantry, some items are not included in the "3 ingredients" for the recipes. For example: olive oil, salt, pepper and seasonings.
Make Dad proud this Father's day (Sunday, June 19) by cooking him an impressive (easy) BBQ lunch with these 3 ingredient recipes and 3 easy steps...
Tasty Italian Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef (the leaner, the better)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite prepared pasta sauce
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese chopped into very small chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Add dried basil if desired.
- Mix all ingredients together lightly. Don't over-mix. Form into 8 burgers.
- Place in a single layer on a plate lines with non-stick foil and place in freezer for about 1 hour.
- Cook on medium heat on the grill until fully cooked through.
Enjoy on Italian burger buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and a little pesto sauce!
Herbed Tomatoes on the Grill
- 8 tomatoes - the tops sliced off
- 2 Tablespoons store-bought or home-made pesto
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the pesto and cheese together.
- Evenly top each tomato with the mixture.
- Cook on the grill on the lowest setting for about 10-15 minutes with the pesto side up. Cook on one side only. Enjoy!
- 8 ripe peaches (medium size), cut in half and remove the stone
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Disaronno liqueur or Rum
- Prepare the night before or at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Mix the sugar and liqueur together. Sprinkle evenly on the cut side of the peach halves. As the sugar will draw the juices from the peaches, put them on a plate in the fridge to catch the juices.
- When ready to cook, drain the juice from the peaches but keep it to serve over the ice-cream. Cook on the grill over medium heat for about 7 minutes on each side or until soft and brown. Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream and pour the peach juice from the plate over the ice-cream. Very yummy!
Need more celebration inspiration? Come in to Soiree, Andover in beautiful, downtown Andover across the street from Starbucks. We have lots of ideas for your next party or celebration event including invitations and favors.