Temple Emanuel practices under the Union for Reform Judaism. Formerly a liberal conservative congregation, the temple became a reform congregation in 1957 after moving to a different location in Lawrence. Before that, the temple had been operating in its original location in Lawrence since 1920, when a group of 30 families joined together and founded the temple. The congregation moved to its current location on Haggatts Pond Rd. in 1977 and later renovated and expanded in 1998. The temple provides a variety of youth and adult eduation, a nursery, as well as provides members with a variety of ways to give back, from soup kitchen work to a breast cancer walk to distributing household goods to families in need.
- Fax: 978-470-1783
- Hours: Sabbath Eve services: Fri, 7pm; Minyan services: Sat, 9am; services: Sun, 10:30am. Office hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1920
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Jewish - Reform
- Congregation size: 650
- Services: Child care, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No