Town of Andover Fire Deptartment
First called the Friendly Fire Society of Andover, the Andover Fire Department was founded in the 1800s and now sits inside a centralized public safety building with the Andover Police Department. The Andover Fire Department responds to a variety of calls, from basic life support to motor vehicle accidents to residential lockouts. The department also engages in a number of inspection services. The Fire Department operates its own ambulance and relies on Lawrence General Hospital for advanced life support ambulances. The department partners with other communities in groups like the Essex County Technical Rescue Team, which provides support for high-angle rope rescue, trench rescue and confined space rescue.
- Fax: 978-475-6654
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed. Emergency services: daily, 24 hrs.
- Handicap Accessible: Elevator provided
- Founding Date: 1829
- Services: Fire prevention, fire response, smoke evacuation, motor vehicle accident response, elevator rescue, ice rescue, medical calls, inspection services, public information
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of firefighters: 67
- Number of trucks: 10
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder
- Type: Professional